5 inch (125mm) Solid fuel/ Multi fuel Flexible Chimney Liner used to line an existing brick or masonry stack.
- Made of 316 grade Stainless steel inner and 316 outer (Triple lock).
- Suitable for burning the following fuels: dried seasoned wood, gas, oil & coal.
- This liner also has a 20 year product replacement (conditions apply).
Priced per metre. Various lengths are available.
Same day dispatch on all orders placed before 2pm.
Internal Diameter = 125mm
External Diameter = 130mm
Various lengths of flexible liner are available (up to 40 metres).
Before you start the installation
Check the following:
1. Your chimney has been swept.
2. Check the liner will go down your chimney. This can be done by pulling down a small section of the diameter liner you will be using eg: a 1 mtr length, down the chimney as a "test-pull".
3. If you are going to be using a suspended cowl then there is no need to remove the chimney pot. However, if you are going to use any other type of termination, check that you can remove the pot easily on the day of installation.
You need to install your flexible liner from the top of the brick chimney stack. Please ensure that you have sufficient clearance around the outside of the liner to ensure the least amount of friction or possibility of catching any bricks within the chimney stack.
Unpack your flexible liner, start by attaching a drawstring to the nose cone, (making sure it is long enough to reach the bottom of the stack), connect the nose cone (purchased separately) to the end of the liner using gaffer tape. Ensure the arrows marked on the liner are facing an upward direction (representing the direction of flue gases).
You will need two people to install your liner successfully, one at either end of the chimney stack. From the top of the roof, start to push the liner, nose cone first, down the stack. The person at the bottom of the stack should hold the string and take up the slack. Work in tandem to feed the liner down the chimney stack, ensuring you leave enough liner at the bottom to secure your adaptor and enough at the top to secure the top fixings.
Please note: The liner should not be fitted directly to the appliance. A short length of either vitreous or 316 stainless steel (preferably with a clean-out door for sweeping if access is required) should be fitted from the appliance to the liner adaptor.
Download Building Regulations Document J (effective October 2010) below
(Right click link, then select "save file as..")