Chimney Cowls

  • Washington house fire begins in chimney

    A house fire in Washington, USA began in a chimney yesterday (October 22nd), underlining the potential dangers of poorly maintained chimney cowls.

    The fire happened at a property in Snohomish County after chimney sparks evolved into a fire that affected the house's attic, according to Herald Net.

    No injuries were reported in the incident, though a Snohomish County fire chief Martin Halverson advised homeowners to remove debris and moss from wooden roofs before using their chimneys.

    Earlier this week, a fire in an Alabama restaurant had to be attended to by local fire services, according to CBS 42.

    The fire affected Carlile's BBQ restaurant in the state's city of Birmingham but firemen were able to successfully stop the blaze by certifying that it did not travel from the barbeque pit to other areas of the restaurant.

    Fire services were alerted to the blaze after pedestrians witnessed flames being released from the building's chimney.
     

  • Help with masonry fireboxes

    Damaged masonry fireboxes can have potentially dangerous consequences for chimney cowls but there is assistance at hand for homeowners.

    Firstly, when residents are undergoing chimney inspections, they should ensure that their chimney sweep checks the masonry firebox for any missing mortar joints, according to Ask the Chimney Sweep.

    The website added that masonry fireboxes can be protected against damage by using cast iron or a stainless steel fireback, though the cast iron option is usually more expensive.

    As well as this, there is help at hand for people who are about to select a new chimney liner.

    Chimney Liner Pro has said that the design of flue liners can have a bearing on the amount of creosote and ash that is accumulated within chimneys.

    The website has also accentuated the importance of chimney liners, as it said that without them, homes can be in danger of harmful combustion gases.
     

  • Washington house fire begins in chimney

    A house fire in Washington, USA began in a chimney yesterday (October 22nd), underlining the potential dangers of poorly maintained chimney cowls.

    The fire happened at a property in Snohomish County after chimney sparks evolved into a fire that affected the house's attic, according to Herald Net.

    No injuries were reported in the incident, though a Snohomish County fire chief Martin Halverson advised homeowners to remove debris and moss from wooden roofs before using their chimneys.

    Earlier this week, a fire in an Alabama restaurant had to be attended to by local fire services, according to CBS 42.

    The fire affected Carlile's BBQ restaurant in the state's city of Birmingham but firemen were able to successfully stop the blaze by certifying that it did not travel from the barbeque pit to other areas of the restaurant.

    Fire services were alerted to the blaze after pedestrians witnessed flames being released from the building's chimney.
     

  • Washington house fire begins in chimney

    A house fire in Washington, USA began in a chimney yesterday (October 22nd), underlining the potential dangers of poorly maintained chimney cowls.

    The fire happened at a property in Snohomish County after chimney sparks evolved into a fire that affected the house's attic, according to Herald Net.

    No injuries were reported in the incident, though a Snohomish County fire chief Martin Halverson advised homeowners to remove debris and moss from wooden roofs before using their chimneys.

    Earlier this week, a fire in an Alabama restaurant had to be attended to by local fire services, according to CBS 42.

    The fire affected Carlile's BBQ restaurant in the state's city of Birmingham but firemen were able to successfully stop the blaze by certifying that it did not travel from the barbeque pit to other areas of the restaurant.

    Fire services were alerted to the blaze after pedestrians witnessed flames being released from the building's chimney.
     

  • Washington house fire begins in chimney

    A house fire in Washington, USA began in a chimney yesterday (October 22nd), underlining the potential dangers of poorly maintained chimney cowls.

    The fire happened at a property in Snohomish County after chimney sparks evolved into a fire that affected the house's attic, according to Herald Net.

    No injuries were reported in the incident, though a Snohomish County fire chief Martin Halverson advised homeowners to remove debris and moss from wooden roofs before using their chimneys.

    Earlier this week, a fire in an Alabama restaurant had to be attended to by local fire services, according to CBS 42.

    The fire affected Carlile's BBQ restaurant in the state's city of Birmingham but firemen were able to successfully stop the blaze by certifying that it did not travel from the barbeque pit to other areas of the restaurant.

    Fire services were alerted to the blaze after pedestrians witnessed flames being released from the building's chimney.
     

Items 81 to 85 of 161 total